As opposed to metal kitchen grease filters that only stop 20-40% of grease vapours from entering the hood, Shepherd Filters capture up to 98%! This reduces the grease build-up that enters the plenum, ductwork, fans, and roofs dramatically and therefore minimises the risk of catastrophic fires. With grease build-up minmised between cleans, instant savings are made to:
- Labour/contractor costs associated with metal grease filters & exhaust systems
- Reduced frequency and complexity of kitchen duct cleans
- A reduction in water usage and potentially harsh chemicals to maintain a clean kitchen exhaust system; and
- Cleaner rooftop fans, HVAC & other extraction equipment equals efficient operation, less maintenance & energy savings.
- Meet the new Australian Standards
- Are HACCP Australia Food Safety approved
- Won “Product of the Year” at the AIRAH Awards in 2019
- Won "Service & Maintenance Initiative of 2018" at the HVAC News Awards
- Won “Best New Hospitality Product” at Fine Foods Australia 2017
Shepherd Filters are used in conjunction with a specially designed UL1046 stainless steel 'baffle' frame that makes the filters easy to use and highly effective. Shepherd Filters capture up to 98% of airborne grease without restricting airflow when the wool filter media and frame are used together.